Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Valentines Tea Party



As you know, we have a shortage of pink, girly things at our house. But just because we're all boy doesn't mean we don't need a little culture. I feel pretty strongly about practicing a few manners, having fancy dinners, opening doors for people, and generally learning to be little gentlemen. Those of you who see us, say at church or the store, will wonder if my kids have any inkling towards that gentleman thing but I occasionally see a shining, glitter of hope.

Another activity inspired by my mom is the occasion of the Tea Party. When we visit her it is common for the 8-10 year old cousins to call and schedule a party. All the little cousins are invited we have little food at little tables served in little dishes. We have to refill the pots and serving dishes a multitude of times because well, they are little too. I guess that's what makes it so fun.
The food
Round about Valentines day we were feeling fancy so we had our own edition of the Tea Party. There were little heart shaped cornbreads, at the request of Ammon (I think they like cooking the marbles), tiny cheese cakes and brownies, some chocolate dipped pretzels, water, and some fruit. Of course, I invited myself because when the food is tiny, you can eat more and it's okay.
All the kids and Cheltsea.
They look pretty excited, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment