Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Life and Times


It seems fitting to give an introduction to the name of this blog. I studied family history (and folk dance) in college, German and the Midwest, to be specific. Back in the olden days people wrote giant histories of their cities and gave them giant names to match. For example, "

Early history of Omaha : or Walks and talks among the old settlers; a series of sketches in the shape of a connected narrative of the events and incidents of early times in Omaha together with a brief mention of the most important events of later years."

They were called Vanity Books.
And were probably a lot like this blog.
I'll probably only tell you the great things. And exaggerate them. Though not too much. If I had made a blog before I was a Lacey it would have been called - My Life Is Good. Because it is. And I am grateful.
Back to the story. I suppose because of my crazy, whirl-wind college life, the professor I worked for, Dr. Minert, always said someday I should write a book called "The Life and Times of Emily Gann." I don't really have time to write a book. I don't really have time to write a blog. But since so many of you are far away, I will diligently try to provide a series of sketches in the shape of a connected narrative of the events and incidents that make my life so wonderful. I might even throw in a picture or two. So here it is: Lacey Life and Times. Enjoy!

1 comment: