Tuesday, June 5, 2012

French Onion Soup

There are a few recipes I need to put in cyber space so I can find them if I'm not at home. This one is pretty delicious. The picture doesn't look that good because I need to work on my food photo skills. Until then, you just have to try it yourself.

The first time I ate French Onion Soup I was on a date in High School. I didn't really like onions back then but it sounded so tempting, I think it was the French part of the name, that I had to try it. The cheese was so thick they provided scissors with which to cut it. That's how I like my cheese. Mmmm.

French Onion Soup
  • 6 Cups Thinly Sliced Onions
  • 1/4 Butter
  • 3 10 1/2 oz Condensed Beef Broth
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 6-8 slices French Bread Toasted
  • Swiss Cheese

In a large sauce pan, cook onions covered in butter about 20 minutes or until tender.
Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper.
Bring to a boil and simmer for a bit.

Meanwhile:
Broil cheese on toasted french bread until it melts. Then float in your soup.
Or
Float the bread in a hot bowl of soup. Sprinkle with cheese and pop the whole thing under a broiler until it's crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment